Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Chemo #21

    Twenty One! Unless I have miscounted. ( Which knowing me I very well could have.) This week things went very well. When I went in for treatment three weeks ago, I had a lot of trouble with my port. They had need doing a lot of moves which made me look like I was doing Jane Fonda's workout. The moves did nothing but make me look like an idiot, and entertain my fellow chemo getters. :)  They put in some blood clot medicine, and after about 45 minutes in started working. It made me a little nervous, because if it didn't start working right I would have had to have a surgery done to put in a new port.

     In less than two weeks I have cat scan number five. And then on April 2, I will go over the cat scan results with my oncologist. I am still only on avastin which makes me really nervous for the cat scan results. Avastin is really easy on me.

The most common side effects of Avastin are:

Nosebleeds
Headache
High blood pressure
Inflammation of the nose
Too much protein in the urine
Taste change
Dry skin
Rectal bleeding
Tear production disorder
Back pain
Inflammation of the skin

     I haven't had any nosebleeds in a few weeks now.  My nose still hurts occasionally, which must be the "inflammation". I get tired easily, and get headaches on occasion. But other than that, I don't have any other side effects. Knock on wood. In my head I think because I don't feel like crap maybe the medicine isn't working. But my last cat scan I was "only on avastin", and it showed that my tumors in my liver were still shrinking.

     The neuropathy in my hands and feet seems to be getting better with the cymbalta. The negative side to getting the feeling back is that I have pain. The doctors are helping me manage it pretty well.

     One thing that scares me a little bit, Is the pain that I get occasionally in my upper right abdominal area. I'm sure it's my liver. I can only hope it's the pain of the cancer shrinking away.

   Anyone want to fork over a Hawaiian Vacation for Two in June? Jared and I will be having our 20th wedding anniversary!?!


   

   

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Lisa....I am one of your fellow cancer cheerleaders! I'm rooting for you all the way girl! WHOOP WHOOP!!!!!

    ReplyDelete