Saturday, June 16, 2012

Chemo #4

So I had chemo again on Tuesday the 12th. Which was my 19Th wedding anniversary. I actually felt pretty good afterwards and so Jared and I stopped at Brewsky's and had prime rib sandwiches.

Wednesday I felt ok, just a little weird. The thing that bothers me the most is the neuropathy. My hands can't touch anything cold, or it gives me a zap and makes my hands all tingly. I also can't eat or drink anything cold. It makes me feel like I am choking and makes my lips and tongue have the same tingly feeling that my hands get.

Thursday the fatigue set in. I could have slept all day. Baylee went with me to MSTI to get my beloved chemo fanny pack taken off. We stopped at Walmart to get prescriptions. First time since I have had my health insurance. It should have been way over $300 and it was $24 for 7 prescriptions. That goodness I have that insurance. It is expensive but well worth it.

Friday I started feeling better. My hands and throat are still bothered by the cold. I find that my hands, feet and my calves twitch. It doesn't hurt, it's just sort of bizarre.

Feeling pretty normal Saturday. Just a little more tired than usual, and not much of an appetite.

I have to say, Chemo has been relatively easy for me. It isn't pleasant. But it isn't that bad either.

Two more treatments, and then I have my CAT scan. :)

And on a good note, I was told that if my hair was going to fall out, it would have done so by now. Yay! Of course I chopped my hair thinking that is was all going to fall out. But oh well, I HAVE HAIR!

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated anniversary. Your blog is a great way for all of us to keep up with you with out wearing you out. So glad you have hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been jealous of your hair :) I'm so glad you haven't lost it.

    ReplyDelete