Monday, September 17, 2012

Lucky...


I’m one of the luckiest people I know.
Uh, Lisa?  Um, you have stage IV incurable cancer.  Remember that?
Yes…  yes, I do.
Know what else I have?

A wonderful husband that I love with all of my heart, and he loves me back.
2 sons, who are more than awesome.
2 beautiful daughters, who I adore.
More wonderful friends than I can count.
Church members and friends who bring me and my family meals on my chemo weeks.
My hair.
My sanity (this is questionable..lol)
The love of crafting.
An ear for good music (well I think it's good)
A house that is a home, and I'd rather be there than anywhere else.
Animals that keep me company.
A job that has been so wonderful and flexible with me.
Hope for a cure.

Even though I may die (of course every is eventually) before I see old age, I am so glad for the things that I have, and the life that I have lived.  And when It is my time, I have a son, a father and lots of other folks waiting to greet me. And then I will be the one waiting for those I left behind. I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to leave my husband and kids. I don't want to cause anyone pain, or leave Jared to raise our kids alone. Therefore,I have no plans to die in the near future.  I need at least another 39 years, maybe more ;)



3 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice to feel so lucky? I love it! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lisa, I miss you! Now that you are gone and I am preparing your life sketch with my mom, I am so grateful to have your blogs, most of all this post. I will see you again when my turn comes to leave this mortal life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete