Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I need to learn not to assume....

So I assumed because I was scheduled for a CAT scan that that meant the end of Chemotherapy for a while. I assumed wrong. I have 3 more months of Chemo. I was really bummed when I heard this, but oh well. I have no choice.

My neuropathy didn't fully go away in between treatments this time so they cut my dose of oxaliplatin. They also had me get Glutamine. It's a powder that I have to take 3 times a day. It should help with the neuropathy and possibly with the heart burn.

My CAT scan is scheduled for next Tuesday (the 17th). Then I have Chemo again on the 24th. Then again every two weeks until I have 12 completed.

Chemo hasn't been too bad this time. Probably because of the lower dose. But the last few times I haven't felt the effects fully until Friday. So we will see.

I will continue with what the doctor wants me to do. All I can do is put my trust in the people at MSTI (Mountain State Tumor Institute).

1 comment: