Wednesday, July 25, 2012

CAT scan results.....

Nothing surprising, just basically the same as the summary I was given last week. No new cancer anywhere (YAY!) And the cancer in my liver is smaller. We compared the scan from March with the new one, and the tumors are definitely shrinking.
The Dr is sending my scans to a surgeon in Boise to see if I am a candidate for a procedure called Yttrium-90 Radioembolization. Y-90 for short. You can google it,  Or watch a video about it here : Y-90

I will know more about whether or not I will have this done in two weeks. I will also continue Chemo for 3 more months.

This time the Dr totally cut out the Oxylaplatin (this is the chemo that makes my hands numb, and makes it painful to eat or touch cold stuff.) The side effects are still with me even though he halved my dose last time. He does not want it to become permanent. I still got my 5FU + Leucovorin (IV+ 46 hours pump) and my avastin.

My iron level went up to 9.8...which is an awesome improvement. All my other blood levels are fine.

I am nervous for what is to come, but I am hoping that the Y-90 and the chemo will change my prognosis from non-curable to curable.

So things so far are going good. I thank everyone for their prayers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment