Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sort of Normal Today....

I am finally feeling better today, except for chest pains brought on by acid re-flux. The chemo effects my stomach, and my intestines along with just about everything else in my body. So instead of the throwing up (which I am sooooo glad I haven't done, yet) I have chest pains whenever I swallow. It feels like I am having a heart attack. But I know I'm not. I went to the MSTI clinic yesterday and got a prescription for prilosec and zantac. It helps a little. Within a few days it is supposed to help quite a bit. I hope so, because I would love to eat without having a "coronary" every time I swallow something.

My neuropathy is still bothering me, but it is getting a little better every day. I'm sipping on a cold pop right now, and as long as I just sip... it doesn't bother me much except a little tingling in my lips and tongue. I should be able to eat ice cream, maybe by tomorrow.

I am so glad I only have one more treatment. I'm not sure my body could take many more doses of this potent stuff. But really I have nothing to complain about. It could be so much worse. And in 3 weeks I am going to have my CAT scan, where they miraculously won't be able to find a single cancer cell in my body :). Because my Father in Heaven knows that it isn't time for me to be with him yet. I have sporting events to attend for the next 10 years (at least).I have sons who are going to need me to tell them whether they have picked the right girl. I have daughters that need me there to help them get ready for Prom, and weddings, and make sure their husbands are treating them like queens. I have lots of grand babies in the future that are going to need a grandma. And I have a husband who would be lost without me. I can't go anywhere. Not for at least 40 more years. No negotiations.

7 comments:

  1. I admire your attitude! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Lisa, have you on a prayer chain here in Az, they sent me a card in the mail after we moved in saying they were praying for you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats me Sharon above forgot to sign my name, on my blog account

      Delete
  4. My dad is living proof that you can survive colon cancer.
    He had a huge tumor, cancer cells were leaking through his colon wall and it didn't look good. But like you Heavenly Father knew it wasn't time for him to go and he's doing great and is cancer free.

    Hang in there!

    Hope you don't mind me stopping by, I'm sorta blog hopping tonight.

    www.mydogarchie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog says it all- God and family that's all that really counts -Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are absolutely right, too! You are SO needed here on this earth right now - including by friends who need you, too. You have an amazing attitude, Lisa! Love you SO much!!

    ReplyDelete